Account Settings and Important Information
To start accepting cryptocurrency payments, the first step is the create a CoinPayments account! Get started by following along the steps below to sign up for a CoinPayments account and customize the account settings that are ideal for your business.
1) SIGN UP
- Sign up for a CoinPayments account here or click the Sign Up button in the top right corner of the CoinPayments website.
- Fill out the appropriate details on the Create New Account form. Screenshot: Sign Up Form
- After signing up, verify your account by clicking the activation link in the email sent to the email address you used to register your account. Screenshot: Account Activation Email
2) ACCOUNT SETTINGS
Find your profile and account settings here as well as the important merchant information (Merchant ID, IPN Key, etc…)
- Login to your CoinPayments account for the first time.
- Check your email for the verification code to login. Screenshot: Email Verification Code
- Go to: “ACCOUNT -> ACCOUNT SETTINGS“. Screenshot: Account Settings
- In the “BASIC SETTINGS” tab, you will find your Merchant ID. Save/Copy your Merchant ID somewhere for later use. Screenshot: Merchant ID
- In the “PUBLIC INFO” tab, you can enter your Name, Email, URL that will be displayed publicly to customers sending payments. Screenshot: Public Info
- In the “LOGIN & SECURITY” tab, change 2FA method from email to Google Authenticator or one of the other more convenient options. Screenshot: Login & Security
- In the “MERCHANT SETTINGS” tab, set your IPN Secret (this can be any strong/random string of characters). Save/Copy your IPN Secret somewhere for later use. Select your base currency and also toggle which notification emails to receive. Screenshot: Merchant Settings
3) COIN SETTINGS
Modify which coins you want to accept as payment and what to do after receiving a payment
- Go to: “ACCOUNT -> COIN ACCEPTANCE SETTINGS“. Screenshot: Coin Acceptance Settings Navigation
- Select which coins you want to accept as payment by checking the box in front of each coin. Screenshot: Coin Acceptance Selection
- Make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click “Update Coin Preferences”.
- This is the minimum you need to configure to begin accepting crypto payments to your store. Leave the rest of the options for later (ie. conversion, fiat settlement, payment forwarding)
4) API KEYS
You will need the information in this section later to link your CoinPayments account to your eCommerce store. The API keys are what connects your store with the CoinPayments payment system.
- Go to: “ACCOUNT -> API KEYS“. Screenshot: API Keys Navigation
- Use the API Key that’s already there, or generate a new key by clicking the “GENERATE NEW KEY” button. Screenshot: API Keys
- Save/Copy your API Public Key and your API Private Key somewhere for later use.
By the time you have finished going through the above step-by-step process, you should have recorded the following information for future use:
- MERCHANT ID
- IPN SECRET
- API PUBLIC KEY
- API PRIVATE KEY