As part of our aggressive expansion strategy, CoinPayments is extremely proud to announce a successful integration for the Shopify platform.
The goal of our integration for Shopify is to provide an alternative payment option for their merchants and expand the adoption of cryptocurrencies. Our platform allows merchants using Shopify to accept cryptocurrencies among other payment methods in exchange for their goods and services.
Shopify is a multichannel commerce platform for online stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. With CoinPayments’ leadership in crypto payment processing globally, the integration for Shopify will strive to improve ecommerce experiences for customers around the world.
Want to start accepting crypto payments in your Shopify store?
Enable CoinPayments on your Shopify store to start accepting bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies, by following the simple steps in the tutorial video below:
- Log into your CoinPayments account
- Get your MERCHANT ID:
- Go to ACCOUNT -> ACCOUNT SETTINGS -> BASIC SETTINGS
- The first setting shows Your Merchant ID: Copy this key for later
- Create an IPN SECRET:
- Go to ACCOUNT -> ACCOUNT SETTINGS -> MERCHANT SETTINGS
- The first setting contains your IPN Secret: Create a IPN Secret key and Copy for later
- Make sure to click the “Update Account” button at the bottom of the page to save your newly created IPN Secret key
- Log into your Shopify Account
- Go to SETTINGS (Bottom left gear icon)
- Click “Payment Providers”
- Scroll down to the “Alternative Payments” box:
- Select “CoinPayments” as the Additional Payment Method
- Click Edit and enter the 2 keys you copied from your CoinPayments account
- MERCHANT ID: Enter CoinPayments MERCHANT ID
- PRIVATE KEY: Enter your CoinPayments IPN Secret key
- Click Save
CoinPayments should now be setup as an alternative payment method in your Shopify store and you can start accepting Bitcoin and over 100 other cryptocurrencies!
3 Reasons Why You Should Be Excited:
- The CoinPayments integration for Shopify allows merchants worldwide to accept bitcoin and hundreds of altcoins. Shopify also offers over 100 payment gateways for its merchants to accept payments from credit cards from all over the world.
- With over 600,000 businesses powered by Shopify, including the likes of Budweiser, Nestlé and General Electric, Shopify continues to be a leader in commerce.
- Shopify delivers an array of features for creating and managing any type of ecommerce store. By adding CoinPayments as a payment option, they are offering more ways for their merchants to receive payments from shoppers.